Getting Organized for the Creative Brain
a Thinking In Full Color artists workshop by Summer Dawn Reyes
How do you plan 135 events in one year? Organization!
Summer Dawn Reyes, an award-winning arts company director and professional events planner, will help you learn to manage:
Her proven processes will help you efficiently produce creative events, advance your art and change your life!
While most of this workshop will focus on techniques that will help event producers and artists, these strategies can help non-artists, too.
Monday, Feb. 24
6 pm to 7:30 pm
Indiegrove, 121 Newark Ave., Jersey City, NJ
- How to choose the right calendar and fully utilize it
- Building good schedule review habits that help you always know where you're going
- How to incorporate self-care, self-improvement and time with loved ones into your busy schedule
- How to create plans, not lists
- Learning to schedule your day based on your energy flow and productivity patterns
- Using tasks to manage your personal, professional and artistic lives
- How to meet and connect with the right people
- Maintaining a strong contact list -- including what information you should be keeping tabs on, but keep forgetting to
- Making your inbox a powerful command center for your work
- Creating authentic connections
- Valuing your loved ones and collaborators
- How to turn your dreams into plans
- Learning from your mistakes -- and not in the way you think
- Continually re-evaluating your direction to stay on course
ABOUT SUMMER DAWN REYES AND IN FULL COLOR
Summer Dawn Reyes is the founder and director of In Full Color, an award-winning organization that empowers women of color through education and the arts. IFC has received two commendations from the New Jersey State Assembly and the inaugural Jersey City Arts Council's Performing Arts Award.
As a professional events planner and producer, she is best known as the former Director of Events at local restaurant/bar/art gallery LITM. Here, she planned private social events as well as public promotional events.This multi-tasking maven planned 135 total events in 2018 (109 at LITM alone) and was on pace to do the same in 2019 before she left the bar in June. She is also an actor, director, writer, production manager and teaching artist.
In Full Color (TIFC) is an organization focused on empowering women of color through education and the arts. Our primary realm is the theatrical world -- through performance and community-driven talkbacks, we empower female-identified creators while educating audiences about the need for diversity in the media, racial issues and cultural exchange. We also create opportunities for women in education, literature, visual art, music, comedy, dance and other fields. We have featured work by dozens of women from across the Americas and have received two commendations from the New Jersey State Assembly, numerous BroadwayWorld award nominations and the inaugural Performing Arts Award from the Jersey City Arts Council in 2018.